Monday, 4 March 2013

A POEM IN HONOUR OF MY SECOND MUM ON HER BIRTHDAY

MAMA...

The eloquence of your speech shows you are not common
The ease of your smile, so endearing
The carriage of your walk exudes grace and courage

The touch of a lasting woman from the foundations of the earth goes beyond her ability to affect only her immediate family instead her subtle touch is felt in many homes even without her physical presence. A woman like you must be given credit for standing by a man like papa and your lovely children, for your touch has been felt and will continue to be felt in many homes and generations to come through them.

God knew you would understand the importance of presenting a well baked cake that he himself spent a lot of time baking you in the oven so you could turn out as dark and beautiful as ebony... As sweet as a freshly baked chocolate cake.
And so how do I describe you? Have you seen a woman stand so tall amongst others even though she really is about 5 feet and a bit? Like the former Mercedes benz slogan goes 'unlike any other' Mama its easy to say in so many ways that when you stand amongst women you are 'unlike any other' so I am not surprised that you now own a mercedes benz and in some ways I am sure the giver is simply saying with due respect if I may ... COMFORT JUMAI ADESOYE 'unlike any other'

How is it possible that a woman can still look so good and pleasant after several late nights of hard work just as the proverbial noble woman is described in the scriptures? For indeed your lamp stays up till late just so you can put a smile on people' s faces in the morning. Your value is by far more than rubies.

How do I describe you? Well for one you are terrifying which isn't a bad thing I beg to differ because even your father in heaven sees you as a terror to the kingdom of darkness. The kingdom of darkness trembles before your very feet.
Again how do I describe you? 'Diamonds are forever' says one of the theme songs for the popular 007 movie. Several jewellers remain in the market of diamonds far and wide but if I were to decide what cut you would be I would say you are a swarovski cut diamond... Precise ! Distinct ! Perfection!

They say roses are red violets are blue
I say roses are you for your fragrance is ever so fresh. Roses are not without its thorns, your thorns do prick ever so gently.

Sometimes I feel the little red dot at the tip of your tongue is like your thorn that pricked you as a warning to many for if a woman like you is hurt and treated without respect, your spoken words would be backed by heaven itself because of how precious you are however dangerous the words may be. So the pricked tongue is a reminder to us all that your words carry so much power...

Purple must be your favourite colour. Royalty is who you are. It is unquestionable. The pricked tongue says it all.

who says you can't be a woman of 3 and still remain classy and stylish. Your every outfit portrays you as a strong woman. I wonder who does your shopping?

They say a woman builds her home with her hands. Take a look at yours for you have built a home enviable by many.

In this hot and humid weather, a dog is no longer man's best friend instead clean cool water simply because of its rejuvenating nature especially when dehydration sets in.
You are similar to this clean cool water... So refreshing that papa would have to drink a lot of you to keep himself rejuvenated.

It's your birthday, how old are you again? Age is but a number, but if age were equivalent to wisdom then I would say happy 57th birthday Mama and if looks were equivalent to age then I would say happy 35th birthday Mama

I celebrate you with these few words and I hope they have kissed your delicate skin and made you feel warm because you truly are an exceptional woman to behold

Happy birthday Mama from a daughter who adores you!
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

4 comments:

Misiluv said...

Every time I read this it brings tears to my eyes...simply a work of perfection

Misiluv said...

Every time I read or hear this piece it touches a place so deep in my heart...simply a work of perfection

angy said...

You are much too kind. Thank you. I hope I was able to describe her as I know her to be

Misiluv said...

I'll say you did a deep well satisfactory job weldone