Wednesday, 3 August 2011

It's not about you...it's about you :-)

'What about me' ?! ...The general thing people say or don't say but think of and act upon depending on temperament type when they clash with others .

'How come I have to be the first to make the right move'?

' I need not come across as easy'

'I need to show that am a "No nonsense kinda person" !'

hmmmm familiar? Well I had my fair share of the above and ooooh how I struggled.
Simply put , the moment you stop thinking about yourself it becomes easier to see things from the other person 's perspective.

It really isn't about you... Then again it eventually turns out to be about you when issues are resolved or not resolved. You either find yourself hurting or you find yourself at peace. Now do you see why its about YOU?

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

2 comments:

Romola said...

Love this Angie really! I just went "hmnn..." when I read it, but the problem more often that not is that people just tend to act in life like everything is a game. A game of power, of advantage, "I dont want to seem weak so I won't be taken for granted". In the end, when it's supposed to be about you, it becomes about the other person gaining satisfaction in watching your emotions suffer when you use these words of empathy. But while I agree with you, I'd say that to practice this, I would first consider who it is that I am dealing with so in the end, I wouldnt be hurt for supposedly "seeming weak". After all, it has to be all about me. Nice one Angie!

angy said...

I see your point. Thank you so much for making me see another side. However let's not make assumptions too quickly about people , so consider wisely....