I have always been one to think all sorts. One of my favorite moments when I was much younger were my afternoon naps where I would go into dream world and dream. I loved it because I was usually aware of my environment and so wasn't totally deep in sleep when I would decide on what to dream about. I loved it because I was in control of all the actors in my dream. I could decide on the scenarios, delete any part I wanted, kill any actor!, kiss any celebrity(emmm yaaa!), become friends with presidents and in return be rewarded with a ministerial position(yipee!)... This would play until I fell deep into sleep. What a beautiful thing.
I would wake each time feeling sad because I would wish and wish all this were true. For me those times were my "escape from reality" moments. Whenever I wanted to be happy I would sleep and dream it!..I mean can you imagine that? Whenever I felt let down or discouraged..SLEEP. When someone upset me depending on my level of anger I would either make peace or beat the person to my satisfaction...WHERE?...yes in my SLEEP..lol. Well, gone are those days. Although it has it's advantages, let's see one disadvantage.
You can't wish anything to being. It's like window shopping; creating an appetite but not having what you see as yours. Wishing has its place. I guess when we wish for things it shows we can see a different side of a coin and want it to be ours assuming what we see is positive.
But don't stop there! Do you realize you can actually get what you want! Now am not talking about kissing denzel Washington or Eva Longoria cos they are both married among other reasons, am also not talking of killing someone to satisfy your thirst for vengeance cos you will go to jail or face capital punishment. I am talking of going out of your comfort zone and passivity to get what you want.
Do you want a better relationship with your loved ones? To be respected by others? To be more thoughtful and caring to others? To stop bad habits that has eaten into the happiness of your home and life? Do you want to be better at communicating? To constructively correct and not criticize those you have authority over?To watch your eating habits cos it's telling on your health?.....the list goes on. DON'T SLEEP AND IMAGINE IT ALL THEN WAKE WISHING FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF IT ACTUALLY HAPPENING. As long as beggars continue to beg and wish for things yet never get the chance to enjoy them, the same will happen to you. You will go through life never riding that horse.
Listen to me... A horse signifies strength. Only trained riders get on a horse and ride well. If you want to get on that horse you have to train yourself and training is an ACTIVE PLAY not a PASSIVE PLAY. In training ourselves we no longer need to wish instead we begin to see our dreams come to play because we have submitted ourselves to learn the ways to achieve what we dream of. Emmmmmm I didn't say it would be easy but I assure you one thing and I can bet you 100 bucks.....YOU WILL RIDE THAT HORSE!!!!!
3 comments:
Your writting style reminds me of Donu Kogbara a columnist with the Nigeria Vanguard Newspaper in the middle 1980's now a freelance journalist now based in the UK
Life...life...several phases. I've choosen to enjoy each phase cos i'll never get it back. Do same!
"In training ourselves we no longer need to wish instead we begin to see our dreams come to play because we have submitted ourselves to learn the ways to achieve what we dream of"
This is my favourite of all your posts. I'm working on putting it to practice... Keep up the good work blog-sis :)
Post a Comment